Busy, in the middle of mundane and then suddenly, quietly, pieces of truth are visible. I was going to say truth is suddenly written upon your heart but I believe the reality is Truth was written within and hibernating until we are ready for it to be whispered by the Spirit.
Things have been exceptionally busy over the last number of weeks with very early mornings and very long days. The Journey, which I am part of the team for, was a joy to prepare meals for, but the preparation and cleanup is an endless process. I needed some more cabbage for a salad and so a quick trip to the store on a gorgeous warm sunny day was not too difficult.
Sun roof open, rays streaming into the car, and the sound of the wind – ahhhh summer is coming. I am tired from the business but there isn’t a stressful fatigue attached to that, which is unusual for me. “Oh it must be that people are praying for me” I thought. Of course! Then the whisper of the Spirit asking “what if there was no one praying for you? Could it be that you are simply trusting the One who gives you shalom in the midst of chaos or business?” Like a gentleness, an exhaling, the acknowledging of what is reflex I knew the truth - it was my trusting the presence of Yeshua within, of Abba within, of the Spirit within breathing energy into my mind, body and heart. Their breathing, my trusting of that breathing has allowed me love and laughter instead of exhaustion. Others may encourage us with prayer but the hope and energy is the presence of the Triune God active within.
This then lead me to a question I have been pondering on the difference between asking for help and asking to be rescued. Asking for help, as I see it, means one is willing to take responsibility for action while asking others to walk beside you. Asking to be rescued means relieving yourself of the responsibility required while expecting others provide the solutions for you. Trusting the presence of God within makes asking for help a way of entering into community. More thoughts on this another time.
A quick trip to the store became a teaching moment on relaxing effects of trust! As I type this I hear Jesus words:
I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you.
He will remind you of all these things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left – feeling abandoned, bereft.
You heard me tell you…so that when it does happen, the confirmation will deepen your belief in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment